This slideshow contains images from research and recent events in MCB.
Founded in 1993, the Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology is a dynamic and successful center of higher education with an international reputation for high quality teaching and research.
Find out what is happening in MCB:
- Outer space is hazardous to your health, especially if you're a fly
- Postdoctoral Scholar Dr. Jonathan Friedman Recognized by ASCB
- A Productive Month for Haifeng Wang (Scholey Lab)
- Deborah Kimbrell’s Summer Abroad Program nominated for award
- Dr. John Albeck Joins MCB Faculty
- Emami, S., D. Arumainayagam, I. Korf, and A.B. Rose. (2013) The effects of a stimulating intron on the expression of heterologous genes in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Biotechnology Journal 11, 555-563
- Dranow, DB, Tucker, RP and Draper, BD. (2013) Germ cells are required to maintain a stable sexual phenotype in adult zebrafish. Dev Biol 376, 43-50
- Lui DY, Cahoon CK, Burgess SM. (2013) Multiple Opposing Constraints Govern Chromosome Interactions during Meiosis. PLoS Genet 9(1), e1003197
- Acar, S., Carlson, D.B, Budamagunta, M.S., Yarov-Yarovoy, V., Correia, J.J., Ninonuevo, M.R., Jia, W., Tao, L., Leary, J.A., Voss, J.C., Evans, J.E. and J.M. Scholey. (2013) The bipolar assembly domain of the mitotic motor kinesin-5. Nat Comm DOI: 10.1038, ncomms2348
- Beer, R. L. and B. W. Draper. (2013) nanos3 maintains germline stem cells and expression of the conserved germline stem cell gene nanos2 in the zebrafish ovary. Dev Biol 374, 308 - 318