This slideshow contains images from research and recent events in MCB.
Founded in 1993, the Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology is a dynamic and successful center of higher education with an international reputation for high quality teaching and research.
Find out what is happening in MCB:
- Double-headed motor protein offers new targets in cancer treatment
- Outer space is hazardous to your health, especially if you're a fly
- Postdoctoral Scholar Dr. Jonathan Friedman Recognized by ASCB
- A Productive Month for Haifeng Wang (Scholey Lab)
- Deborah Kimbrell’s Summer Abroad Program nominated for award
- Wang H, Brust-Mascher I, Civelekoglu-Scholey G, Scholey JM. (2013) Patronin mediates a switch from kinesin-13-dependent poleward flux to anaphase B spindle elongation. J Cell Biol 203, 35-46
- Feoktistova K, Tuvshintogs E, Do A, Fraser CS.. (2013) Human eIF4E promotes mRNA restructuring by stimulating eIF4A helicase activity. PNAS 110, 13339-44
- Gilkerson J, Perez-Ruiz JM, Chory J, Callis J. (2012) The plastid-localized pfkB-type carbohydrate kinases FRUCTOKINASE-LIKE 1 and 2 are essential for growth and development of Arabidopsis thaliana. BMC Plant Biology 12,
- Guerra D, Callis J. (2012) Ubiquitin on the Move: the ubiquitn modification pathway plays diverse roles in the regulation of ER-and membrane-localized proteins. Plant Physiol 160, 56-64
- Pratelli R, Guerra D, Yu S, Wogulis M, Kraft E, Frommer W, Callis J, Pilot G. (2012) The ubiquitin E3 ligase LOSS OF GDU1 2 is required for GLUTAMINE DUMPER1-induced amino acid secretion in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol 158, 1628-1642