This slideshow contains images from research and recent events in MCB.
Founded in 1993, the Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology is a dynamic and successful center of higher education with an international reputation for high quality teaching and research.
Find out what is happening in MCB:
- Korf Lab and Collaborators receive BioMed Central Award for Open Data Paper of the Year
- Double-headed motor protein offers new targets in cancer treatment
- Outer space is hazardous to your health, especially if you're a fly
- Postdoctoral Scholar Dr. Jonathan Friedman Recognized by ASCB
- A Productive Month for Haifeng Wang (Scholey Lab)
- Espiritu EB, Krueger LE, Ye A, Rose LS. (2012) CLASPs function redundantly to regulate astral microtubules in the C. elegans embryo. Dev Biol 368, 242-54
- Kelley, D. R., Arreola, A., Gallagher, T. L., and Gasser, C. S. (2012) ETTIN/AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR3 physically interacts with KANADI proteins to form a functional complex essential for integument development and polarity determination in Arabidopsis. Development 139, 1105-1109
- Karen L.P. McNally, Amy S. Fabritius, Marina L. Ellefson, Jonathan R. Flynn, Jennifer A. Milan, Francis J. McNally. (2012) Kinesin-1 Prevents Capture of the Oocyte Meiotic Spindle by the Sperm Aster. Developmental Cell 22, 788
- Paul A. Ginno, Paul L. Lott, Holly C. Christensen, Ian Korf, Frédéric Chédin. (2012) R-Loop Formation Is a Distinctive Characteristic of Unmethylated Human CpG Island Promoters. Mol Cell DOI 10.1016, molcel.2012.01.017
- Niles BJ, Mogri H, Hill A, Vlahakis A, Powers T.. (2012) Plasma membrane recruitment and activation of the AGC kinase Ypk1 is mediated by target of rapamycin complex 2 (TORC2) and its effector proteins Slm1 and Slm2. PNAS 109(5), 1536-41